GOALS AND OBJECTIVES OF THE COURSE:-
Our Bachelor of Science programme in Physics is a versatile degree that provides students with the optimal balance between a defined sequence of study and flexible course options. The curriculum aims at:
- Producing graduates who are well grounded in the fundamentals of Physics and acquisition of the necessary skills, in order to use their knowledge in Physics in a wide range of practical application.
- Developing creative thinking and the power of imagination to enable graduates work in research in academia and industry for broader application.
- Accommodating their relevant fields in allied disciplines and to allow the graduates to fit into the inter-disciplinary environment.
- Relating graduates to the employment opportunities within the country.
The minimum eligibility criteria for the admission in any stream of B.Sc.1st year are purely on merit basis as per the rules prescribed by the State Govt. of Haryana. For admission to 1st year the candidate should have passed in 10+2 examination from a recognized board or any examination recognized as equivalent thereto by MVN University, Palwal (Haryana) with at least 50% marks in Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry taken together and must have also passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Math and English individually in qualifying examinations.
There is no age limit.
SCOPE OF THE COURSE:-
In Physics we deal with macroscopic world like galaxies and universe as well as microscopic world like nucleus of an atom and fundamental particles like protons, neutrons and electrons etc. The size of the observable universe is about is 1026m, whereas the nuclear size is 10-15m. Thus in physics, we deal with the range of sizes 1026m to 10-15m. The bachelor degree course in Physics acts as the base to study various higher education courses. Upon completion of the course, the candidate can go for master’s degree in various specialized areas. There is provision to go for higher education after master’s degree in Physics. The list of the possible courses after B.Sc physics are mentioned below. Master of Science (M. Sc) courses are offered in areas mentioned here
- Applied Physics and Ballistics
- Applied Physics
- Bio Physics
- Marine Geo Physics
- Medical Physics
- Renewable Energy
Other Master level Courses in Physics
- M.Sc. (Physics) + Certificate Program in Training & Development
- Masters of Science & Technology in Geo Physics
- M.Sc. + Ph.D. (Physics and Astrophysics)
- Master of Philosophy (M. Phil) in Applied Physics
- Master of Philosophy (M. Phil) in Physics
PhD Courses in Physics
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Applied Physics
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Biophysics
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Chemical Thermodynamics
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Kinematics
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Nuclear Physics
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Physics
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Thin Films
Career Opportunities after B.Sc Physics
Physics graduates can find ample career openings both in public as well as private sector enterprises. They can apply for all governmental jobs that insist graduation as the basic qualification. One can find various opportunities in governmental organizations like DRDO, VSSC, ISRO, SSPL, etc. They are also recruited in space research centers and in research laboratories. The following list shows some of the common job types and employment areas for Physics graduates.
- Lab Supervisor
- Consulting Physicist
- Research Associate
- Senior Physicist
- Assistant Scientist
- Radiation Oncologist
Main Employment Areas
- Research institutes
- Laboratories and Institutes
- Educational Institutes
- Agricultural Research Services
- Power Generating Companies
- Aviation Industry
- Construction Firms
- Demolition Squads
- Pyrotechnics Manufactures
Higher education in Physics helps the candidate to get in to high-designated jobs. They can also demand high salary packages as they gain experience and expertise.