Student will learn:
- Thermodynamics is a science of energy considering its all aspects and transformations.
- Understand the microscopic and macroscopic approach of thermodynamics
- Understand and define the following terms:
- System, surrounding, boundary, closed, open and isolated system etc.
- Understand what is meant by sensible and latent energy.
- Distinguish between extensive and intensive properties with examples
- Understand what is meant by thermodynamic equilibrium and difference between thermal equilibrium
- Significance of zeroth, first and second law f thermodynamics and the statement of Kelvin and Clausius.
Last modified: Monday, 9 June 2014, 10:57 AM