The boundaries between classroom teaching and work experience are increasingly getting blurred. As the corporate world tends to look at recruiting graduates and subsequently training and developing them to suit their needs, there is conscious effort at MVN University to develop BBA graduates with necessary attitudes and skills to make them productive immediately upon entry into the corporate world.
The approach to education at the BBA level is to provide a blend of management learning and social learning. The following are the salient features of the BBA program:
- Courses designed around industry needs to create a symbiotic relationship with our programme and the industry.
- Imparting fundamental business knowledge in the classroom – a substantial percentage of the course coverage is through hands on experience owing to tie-ups with companies. Live projects and focus on elementary research.
- An effort to develop a sense of history, an understanding of the socio political environment and above all a sense of business and corporate awareness.
- A range of global business exposure by virtue of tie ups with Embassies and lectures by foreign dignitaries.
- Exposure to legal aspects of business and focus on ethics and values.
- Ultimate goal is to make our students highly acceptable to the industry/ corporate as students who are job ready/industry ready from day one!
|3 Year Degree Course|
BBA course is divided into 3 years. Each year is comprised of two semesters of six months each. Therefore there is total six semester spread over 3 years.
Admission shall be made on the basis of merit determined on the basis of marks or grade obtained in the qualifying examination, entrance test, achievements in co-curricular, extracurricular activities and interview. Weightage for each component will be specified in the Admission Brochure on year to year basis. Students with minimum 50% marks in their 12th standard exams (45% for SC/ST students) Students who have appeared and are awaiting their 12th standard result are also eligible to apply.
BBA is a professional course which meets the industry requirement and goes beyond the conventional knowledge. Students tend to gain rich exposure through presentations, case studies and guest lectures. The course covers basic business economics, mathematics, accounting, computer fundamentals, management theory and practice, marketing management, knowledge about the country’s economy, human resource management, financial management, business law, communication skills, personality development etc. BBA syllabus covers wider area & field of management subjects & gives ample scope for students to find their field of specialization.
Keeping in mind the importance of practical exposure, BBA Students are required to undertake 8 weeks summer internship in an industry according to their area of interest under the guidance of a faculty and have to prepare project report on the work performed by them during training. These internship programs are designed to strengthen the practical skills among students apart from theoretical knowledge. It is mandatory in nature which carries grade marks and has to be taken during 5th semester.
Scope of Employment
The BBA program prepares students for executive career in business and other organizations. The BBA degree is many a times referred to as the golden passport, since it gives its holder an edge in the job market by opening more doors of opportunity. The degree helps the graduate to fulfill potential for high earnings, increased responsibility, and greater personal development. The present decade has been labeled as the era of business, business administration and business graduates.
BBA Students stands apart from other traditional degree courses and industry is wide open with lots of job in different sectors for them. The candidates join as a executive trainee/management trainee & gain rich exposure from different fields such as:
- Banking industry job profile- Junior relationship Manager, Assistant Manager, Operational Handling, Client Portfolio Manager, Probationary officers.
- Insurance – Financial Advisors, Unit Managers, Sales Managers,
- Marketing Profile – Advertidsing, FMCG. Marketing research.
- HR Profile– Recruitment Handling, Applicant verification.
- Finance- Research analyst, Stock trading, Mutual fund advisor.
The next best option available for BBA graduates is to pursue MBA which makes them eligible to enter into higher package jobs and area of specialisation. Almost 70% of the MBA course are already covered under BBA Curriculum which gives an edge to students for giving their best. Apart from MBA students can go for other PG programs like MCA and M.Com. Various other professional courses like CS, CA, ICWA, CFA,CFP can also be opted by BBA students.