Upon completion of this chapter of computer networking, students are aware about following concepts:
- Understand Network fundamentals and terminology.
- Understand principles of LAN design such as topology and configuration depending on types of users accessing the network.
- Understand different type of network interfaces and their uses by identifying and using basic Network components, choosing appropriate network type and media.
- Describe and analyze the network, components of a network and their use.
- Explain networking topologies and their hierarchical relationship hardware and software.
- Compare different topologies and select appropriate topology for a particular design.
- Manage multiple networks, LAN, MAN and WAN, also compare them with each other.
- Explain concepts and theories of networking and apply them to various situations, classifying networks, analyzing performance, and implementing new technologies.
Identify components of networks and the roles they serve
Last modified: Saturday, 12 July 2014, 11:38 AM