Upon completion of Core java course, students should be able to:
- Show competence in the use of the Java programming language in the development of small to medium-sized application programs that demonstrate professionally acceptable coding and performance standard.
- Understand the basic programming language constructs.
- Understand the concept of OOP as well as the purpose and usage principles of inheritance, polymorphism, encapsulation and method overloading.
- Identify classes, objects, members of a class and the relationships among them needed for a specific problem.
- Create Java application programs using sound OOP practices (e.g., interfaces and APIs) and proper program structuring (e.g., by using access control identifies, documentation through comments, exception handling).
- Develop programs using packages as well as the Java standard class library.
- Demonstrate an introductory understanding of graphical user interfaces, multi-threaded programming, and event-driven programming.
30 May - 5 June
6 June - 12 June
13 June - 19 June
20 June - 26 June
27 June - 3 July
4 July - 10 July
11 July - 17 July
18 July - 24 July
25 July - 31 July
1 August - 7 August