Computer Science designates the scientific and mathematical approach in computing. A Computer Engineer is a person who does work at a professional level in Computer Science and / or attains a degree in Computer Science or a related field. A diverse range of careers is available to graduates from MVN University’s courses in Computer Sciences. Many pursue careers as system analysts, IT Managers, software Engineers or consultants, while others use their degree as a springboard into a wide range of jobs in commerce, software industry and government.
Computer Science & Engineering (CSE) deals with everything related to computation, such as analysis of algorithms, program design, computer software and hardware, programming language and more. From data structures to artificial intelligence, CSE is likely to remain a dynamic and exciting domain for many years to come. This field of engineering traces its roots to mathematics, linguistics and electrical engineering, and has evolved as an independent field of engineering only in the recent past. The future is bright for graduates of B.Tech in CSE, with jobs available in the design, development, testing and maintenance of software in all types of industries, as well as jobs as an embedded systems design engineer, research & development engineer and networking & security administrator in any company that is computerized.
According to Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer “300, 000 IT jobs in India over next 5 years…”
And by 2014, approximately “50% of server workloads will be virtualized in Cloud Computing”
(Prediction by Gartner, a world leading IT research & advisory company)
MVN School of Engineering and Technology offers state of the art computer laboratories and other infrastructure, as well as well qualified and experienced faculty for B. Tech in CSE. Spread over an area of 23 acres, MVN offers a scenic, stress-free environment where students are supported to gain a deep understanding of their field of choice. MVN’s mission is to give each student a very strong foundation of knowledge that will stand them in good stead and ensure success throughout their lives.
The Department of Computer Science Engineering at MVN University is renowned for cutting edge research and for imparting state of the art education. We attract some of the brightest students and faculty, and invite you to join us in the excitement.
The aim of the department is to provide quality education in the area of Computer Science Engineering and Information Technology so that its graduating students become highly employable in the fast growing software and IT sectors.
We have a system of seeking out companies, tracking changes in them and making sure our students are among the first to reach the companies before the placement season begins. Before sending the students for placement drives, we prepare our students through a rigorous internal process which includes special sessions for sharpening their technical, personality development, and reasoning / aptitude skills. Lot of mock tests, group discussions, quizzes, seminars and pre-placement interviews use to be organized for the students to give them real time exposure of the placement drives.
• Cloud Computing
• Data Processing
• Web Engineering
• System and Network Technology
To be eligible for admission to the first year of any of the School of Engineering Undergraduate Course of the University w.e.f. academic session 2012-13, a candidate must fulfill the following minimum eligibility criteria.
Should have passed the 10+2 examination conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education /Haryana Board of School Education with Mathematics, Physics as Compulsory subjects alonwith one of the subjects Viz Chemistry, Computer Science/Bio Technology/Biology, or equivalent examination from a recognized board with an overall aggregate of 60%marks.
Additionally, the candidate should have appeared and secured a valid Rank in JEE/MVN University Entrance Test or Other Entrance Test as specified in Admission Brochure in the year of admission.
The selection to all B.Tech programmes will be on merit, based on JEE rank. In absence of a credible entrance examination, MVN University Entrance Test as specified in Admission Brochure of the year of admission may be considered. The admission may be done through online display of merit cum admission lists / Physical counseling on merit as necessary and as specified by the Admission Brochure. For NRIs the admission will be based on the basis of the qualifying examination. Detailed selection and enrollment procedure will be published with the admission notice in Admission Brochure before commencement of admission every year.
Bachelor of Computer Science Engineering enables the students to focus on scientific research, scientific programming, and software engineering. Career opportunities in this fast-evolving field exist in both private industry and publicly funded enterprises.
The four-year B. Tech. Program in Computer Science and Engineering is designed to provide students an overview of computing, an understanding of the concepts, principles and skills in their application and extension, and practical experience in applied computing. Special emphasis is laid on the fundamental principles underlying computing and on developing an understanding of the engineering considerations involved in computing system design, implementation and usage. The course provides a background in the basic mathematics of computing—logic, sets, relations and grammars.
It is the study of the theoretical foundations of information and computation, and of practical techniques for their implementation and application in Information Systems. It is frequently described as the systematic study of algorithmic processes that create, describe, and transform information.
The course is Job oriented and tailored to changing needs of aspiring IT professionals. The focus is on equipping the students with the know-how of designing, developing, maintaining and analyzing Business Information System. The course offers students an opportunity to understand the principles and acquire the skills to develop the advanced software that underpins major technologies.
The department achieves its objectives by focusing on all important areas of student development. The single most important aspect of the department is its dynamic curriculum and its emphasis on contemporary skills. The curriculum is well designed by experienced faculty and reviewed by top academic experts from the leading universities worldwide. It is periodically reviewed based on the ongoing feedback from industry. Special attention is given to provide practical orientation to the teaching learning process by validating theoretical concepts through hands-on work.
All the labs in the department are equipped with high end computer systems and with all licensed software and testing tools required not only for the curriculum but also for the project and research work. Educational Tours to several industries, Trade Fairs, and
Summer Internship with leading companies are arranged for the students of the department on a regular basis.
The department offers B. Tech.,M.Tech. and Ph.D. in Computer Science & Engineering. These courses aim to meet the increasing need for engineers who can contribute to both the hardware and software design and electronic systems. MVN University graduates now work in areas including Computer Networks, Embedded System, Mobile Applications, Cloud Computing, Data Warehousing and Data Mining, Web Engineering, Soft Computing, Artificial Intelligence, Advance Computer Architecture, Microprocessor Chip Design, Computer Graphics, Software & Hardware Design for Video Games, and Multimedia.
The department offers an innovative learning system. Class room teaching is supplemented by e-Learning which enables students to access the course contents of all courses online. It is an interface that provides lecture notes, tutorial sheets, assignments, and various links for recommended reading. Students are also motivated for actively utilizing the e-learning materials to prepare themselves before coming to the class for a thorough and better understanding of the concepts.
The department has in particular a strong linkage with the top-notch professionals of IT industry and with the eminent professors of reputed universities worldwide. The courses offered have a strong professional orientation. Through “Education Plus” the courses are updated and/or supplemented to ensure that they meet current needs and anticipate the future requirements of software and IT industry.
Faculty Members are the core strength of the department. The minimum qualifications for various faculty positions comply or exceed the prescribed standards by University Grant Commission (UGC). Most of them are M. Tech. and Ph.D. from reputed institutes with vast teaching and research experience. They are very much concerned about the academic needs of students; knowledgeable about the curriculum and requirements; accessible on a regular, predictable basis and concerned about their students’ welfare and overall development. Teachers refer NPTEL, LNCS, and Springer notes for preparing their lecture and updating their technical and lecture delivery skills. Besides its permanent faculty, eminent professors and industry experts from India and abroad are invited as a matter of routine to teach our students.
This course is targeted for students who want to start writing mobile applications on Android platforms. Android became a formidable mobile operating system, and this course will provide hands-on learning classes on writing Android applications. We will get started with the basics of Android programming by covering the most recent version of Android and understanding its development framework. We will learn both the fundamentals and the nuts and bolts of Android and have an exciting opportunity to write feature-rich Android applications that may be published in the Android market.
Level 1: Knowledge and Comprehension
Level 1 outcomes are those in which the student has been exposed to the terms and concepts at a basic level and can supply basic definitions. The material has been presented only at a superficial level. Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Define the three fundamental concepts of Android programming: activities, fragments, and intents.
- Describe various UI components of Android, such as layouts, widgets, views and menus along with the events associated with them.
- Explain what contents providers are, how to use a content provider, and how to create a user-defined, custom content provider.
- Describe how to send SMS messages and emails programmatically and how to intercept incoming SMS messages.
- Articulate the network programming features and capabilities of Android platforms, including HTTP, XML web services, JSON web services, and Socket programming.
- Define what geocoding and reverse geocoding are, and describe how to perform them.
- Describe how to create an Android service (e.g., long-running or repeated tasks) that runs in the background and how an activity and a service communicate.
Level 2: Application and Analysis
Level 2 outcomes are those in which the student can apply the material in familiar situations, e.g., can work a problem of familiar structure with minor changes in the details. Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Differentiate techniques for persisting user data, such as shared preferences, traditional file systems (internal and external storage), and SQLite database.
- Design the UI of a moderate-sized application using various views that can also display images as well as options and context menus.
- Implement a small-sized application that utilizes Android networking capabilities—SMS messages, emails, HTTP, XML web services, JSON web services, and Socket—to communicate with the outside world.
- Implement a location-based service (LBS) application of small size using Google Maps, e.g., obtaining, monitoring, and tracking geographical locations.
Level 3: Synthesis and Evaluation
Level 3 outcomes are those in which the students can apply the material in new situations. This is the highest level of mastery. Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Develop an Android application of moderate size that utilizes various features of Android platforms, such as UI, data persistency, content providers, messaging and networking, LBS, and services.
- Express the design of a moderate-sized Android application using a standard modeling notation such as UML and evaluate its quality by relating to software engineering design principles such as cohesion and coupling, encapsulation, reusability, and maintainability.
- Document the application programming interface (API) of a moderate-size Android application in the form of Java API using Javadoc.
This is an introduction to software testing principles and practice as used in industry. We discuss practical software testing goals and approaches to testing software through all phases of the Software Testing Lifecycle. The course material will include the following – software testing standards and metrics, types of testing (black-box and white-box), test planning, analysis, test case generation, quality gates, estimating test resources, test scheduling, test execution, assessing and managing risk, test prioritisation, automation strategy, defect management, test execution. Software quality assurance activities will be discussed as part of a dynamic process that is flexible and constantly tuned to the changing needs of a project.
Practical testing tools are discussed and used in labs and assignment work. In particular we will learn how to apply many of the tools that come with commercial testing product toolkits (e.g. IBM’s Rational Suite) in order to gain a solid understanding of how testing is done in practice.
The course will cover the difference between ideal testing practice and real-life scenarios where standards are not an given appropriate level of importance.
Objectives/Learning Outcomes/Capability Development
This course contributes to the development of the following capabilities:
- Critical Analysis: identifying appropriate strategies for testing an application, ensuring quality while minimising cost, time and risk;
- Analytical and Problem Solving: designing test cases and plans that are thorough and reproducible; dealing with issues that arise during the quality assurance process;
- Communication: Identifying and presenting an appropriate strategy for testing an application, ensuring quality while minimising cost, time and risk;
- Teamwork: working effectively in teams of QA engineers whose members may comprise of diverse cultural backgrounds and career experiences.
On completion of this course students will have a good understanding of the basic principles of software testing and experience practical applications of these, and in particular:
- manifest an understanding of theoretical and practical issues in software testing; and
- design thorough and appropriate test cases for different levels of testing; and
- know how software quality assurance activities fit into overall product development; and
- assume responsibility in an industry job as a software test analyst with confidence.
This course provides students with hands on experience using Visual Studio to create dynamic web sites with ASP.NET Web Forms and the .NET 4.5 Framework using C#. The class provides a thorough introduction to the C# programming language, including coverage of the essentials of the C# programming language, built in data types, operators, control structures, classes and methods, collections and exception handling.
Students then learn how to leverage the power of the .NET Framework to build web user interfaces. Students learn how to build ASP.NET Web Form applications and work with a variety of ASP.NET controls, including validation controls and user controls. Students explore why state management is difficult within web sites and learn different ASP.NET techniques for managing state, including working with application, session and view state objects.
Students also learn how to use ADO.NET to interact with databases and XML files. Students learn how ASP.NET uses data binding to display data in controls such as the GridView and ListView. Students also learn how to build and interact with simple WCF SOAP Web Services.
Other topics include: using a Web.config file to control application configuration; using master pages to provide a consistent look and feel to a web site; working with cookies; reading and writing files; and deploying ASP.NET applications. Comprehensive labs provide the students with extensive experience creating and deploying dynamic ASP.NET Web Form sites.
Students Will Learn:
- C# Language Syntax
- .NET Framework Base Class Library
- Managing Run-time Exceptions
- Using Web Forms & Handling Events
- Working with ASP.NET Server Controls
- Designing Master Pages
- Managing State
- Interacting with Databases
- Using ASP.NET Data Bound Controls
- Building Secure Web Sites
This hands on Java Programming course provides an introduction to programming using the Java language. Students are introduced to the application development cycle, structure of programs, and specific language syntax. The course introduces important algorithmic constructs, string and character manipulation, dynamic memory allocation, standard I/O, and fundamental object-oriented programming concepts. The course explains the use of inheritance and polymorphism early on so the students can practice extensively in the hands on labs. Structured programming techniques and error handling are emphasized. The course includes the processing of command line arguments and environment variables so students will be able to write flexible, user-friendly programs. Comprehensive hands on exercises are integrated throughout to reinforce learning and develop real competency.
- Fundamental Elements of Programming
- Classes, Objects and Methods
- Structured Programming Techniques
- Arrays and Data Structures
- Exception Handling
- String Handling
- Fundamental Algorithms
- GUI Programming Concepts
- Build your own native and scalable iOS apps for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
- Develop in Objective-C
- Get a head-start in getting your app onto the App store.
- How to build iOS applications for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad
- Everything you need to know about Objective-C to develop iOS apps. Xcode, Interface Builder, Instruments and the iPhone Simulator
- Techniques to build scalable apps using MVC (Model, View Controller)
- The ins and outs of common iOS techniques like Delegates and Target/Action
- A detailed understanding of how the iOS SDK works, removing the “magic” from iOS development
- How to deploy your app to a real device and the provisioning process
- Details and insight into the app store submission process
English as a Second Language
At MVN UNIVERSITY, we deliver programs that promote academic, professional and personal success. Our commitment to providing an outstanding experience makes MVN UNIVERSITY English language programs an ideal choice for students looking to improve their English skills.
The Academic English program at MVN UNIVERSITY prepares international students for university study in the US. The academically rigorous program provides international students with high-quality English language instruction and the academic skills to succeed at MVN UNIVERSITY through development of:
- Standardized test preparation
- Academic study skills
- Intensive English to prepare for university study
- Academic advising throughout program
- Small classes of 18-20 students
- Highly trained and experienced instructors
- Participation in conversational practice programs
After finishing this intensive program, successful students will be able to:
- Present their spoken and written ideas accurately and effectively in English
- Write research papers with proper use of citations and references
- Use the internet and MVN UNIVERSITY library databases to conduct academic research
- Read, understand, and critically evaluate academic texts
- Understand and use vocabulary common to academic disciplines
- Take useful and accurate notes in lectures and presentations
- Develop and deliver oral presentations
Line and Shapes Games
The Fun Apps by M.V.N. is a digital learning game…
Math Game for kids age 3+ years. This Math Puzzle…
Space Hunt Game
Math Games for kids 3+ years – Comparative analysis….
Maths Monster Game
Is maths a monster for you? You better try this….
Veg & Fruits Game
Think that learning about “Vegetables & Fruits” is…
- E-gas Sewa
- Active City Administration
- Bug Tracking system
- N/w infiltration security
- Face Recognition System
- Web Crawler
- Remote surveillance
- ENIGMA: Extension of Tetris
- Instant chat Messenger
- Online pension plan
- Unique ID Management
- Techno Tester
- Online MDU Administration system
- Junkyard Mechinfo
The department has been provided with following laboratories and workshops fully equipped with equipment and machinery as prescribed in the syllabus.
- A well-equipped C Programming Lab
- A well-equipped Advanced Data Structures Lab
- A well-equipped .Net Lab.
- A well-equipped Data Base Management Systems Lab
- A well-equipped OOPS Through JAVA Lab
- Unified Modeling Language Lab
- Operating Systems & System Programming Lab
- A well-equipped A well-equipped Language Processor Lab
- A well-equipped Advanced Unix Programming Lab
- A well-equipped Multimedia & Web Designing Lab
- A well-equipped IT Workshop Lab
- A well-equipped Computer Networks Lab
Cloud Computing Lab:
Cloud Computing is the next generation in computation. May be clouds can save the world; possibly people can have everything they need on the cloud. In this Lab we are providing, the concept of cloud computing using a Virtual Computing platform, focusing on Core & Advance Networking, Enterprise Server designing & implementation, data center architecture, multi-vendor server virtualization. Emphasis will be given on IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS.
Data Processing Lab:
Data processing is the act of handling or manipulating data in some fashion. Regardless of the activities involved in it, processing tries to assign meaning to data. Thus, the ultimate goal of processing is to transform data into information. In the lab, the Faculty, Students & Research Scholars work in close proximity to one another. Faculty can therefore hold up and guide Students & Research Scholars as needed. A detailed exposure to the practical concepts of ETL Tools, Data Warehousing, Data Mining, and Business Intelligence would be given in this lab.
Soft Computing Lab:
This lab is dedicated to system solutions based on soft computing techniques i.e. it provides rapid dissemination of important results in soft computing technologies, a fusion of research in evolutionary algorithms and genetic programming, neural science and neural network systems, fuzzy set theory and fuzzy logic systems, and chaos theory and chaotic systems. Soft Computing encourages the integration of soft computing techniques and tools into both everyday and advanced applications.
WEB Engineering Lab:
Web engineering lab is multi-disciplinary. This laboratory is dedicated to research and development in the field of Web Engineering. This lab is used to make systematic, disciplined and quantifiable approaches to the cost-effective development and evolution of high-quality solutions in the World Wide Web. The lab is healthy outfitted with hardware and Software i.e. Web 2.0, AJAX, E4X, ASP.NET, PHP, etc.
Data Communication & Networking Lab:
This lab expose students to various advanced topics including Wi-Fi, Wi-MAX, MANET, WSN, and encourages them to work on related problems in a partially constrained environment. Each “virtual” experiment in the lab has a set of exercises to be solved using remote network simulations. Network Simulator has been used for this purpose. This virtual lab also offers benefits such as reduced software and hardware costs for setting up an actual advanced network technology lab. It fulfills all Hardware & software requirements for practical exposure like NS2, BOSON simulator etc.
High End Research Lab:
This lab is specially designed & maintained for the M.Tech & Research Scholars. This lab is just to provide them an extraordinary research exposure so that the scholars can learn better and better. The lab is well equipped with different software and simulators like Mat lab, NS2, BOSON, TASAM, GridSIM, CloudSIM, etc, etc.